Midnight Toker



“You know, I think sex is the only thing we have in common,” I said.

He leaned over the side of the bed to grab something from his pants. He pulled out a bag of weed and started to roll a joint.

“We both like Rushmore,” he said.

The room was silent for a few minutes.

“So what happens when we can no longer use Max Fischer as an excuse for this ‘relationship’? ”

He lit the joint and very coolly responded, “can’t we just enjoy each other?”

I sank further into the bed and faced the other way.

“Maybe.”

The room was dark, and suddenly cold. The air smelled like incense and skank weed. I pulled the sheets closer to my body. I stared at the midnight wall and felt my heart racing. He always made my stomach hurt.

God, I really have to fart.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked.

Suddenly, his body was over me like a dark cloud. I watched the shape of his mouth become hostile.

“I don’t like those kind of questions.”

He pulled me closer and said nothing. I barely had to move, while he already knew what to do.

Fifteen minutes later, I was sitting on the couch watching him tie his shoes. He was bent over with his back to me as he confessed that he thinks he likes me.
                           
“I think I like you.” What the fuck does that mean?

“Oh yeah? ” I said.

He got up quickly from the couch, ignoring what he had just said. He unlocked the door and gave me a half hug.

“I’ll call you tomorrow,” he said, walking down my apartment stairs.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Body in Six Pieces

Spicy Chicken Wings Gave Me Herpes?

"you were pretty out of it."