opening lines


I was driving home at three in the morning listening to the Flying Burrito Brothers. I cracked open the window, as if I were going to light a cigarette. The fresh air was nice. It made me think of you.

I could still smell the wine I spilled on my pants that night. Saint Matthews was quiet. The music was telling a story.

It was January. I ended up on the rooftop of his apartment at three in the morning in my underwear.

I will always remember the homeless man who smiled and called me Miss. He told me he liked my tattoo, as I turned right onto the Sunset Strip.

I accidentally took a wrong turn in Beverly Hills and wound up talking to a Kardashian-eque woman in a Land Rover. She needed help deciphering a text message, with a little help from a lost, sweaty tourist from Kentucky. I’m just trying to find this fucking restaurant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Body in Six Pieces

Spicy Chicken Wings Gave Me Herpes?

"you were pretty out of it."